Sunday, October 11, 2015


I just finsished  reading "The Color of Water" by James McBride. This novel is "thoughtful contribution to litterature on race." I am enjoy reading this book, the main reason being, the author writes the book from 2 different perspectives. This book was impactful and taught a good lesson.

What I enjoyed about this book the most was how the author portrays his mother, and how she plays a big role in all her children's lives/carrers.  Some of the things she says in the book explains what all mothers do to protect their children. I often think my mom wants to start a fight for no reason about anything. But, reading this book helped my understand what she's doing. 

Why do you think parents go to/ would go to an extreme level to protect their children? 

Reading this book made me realize how greatful you should be for the things you have. The main character in the book had 12 siblings, not a lot of money, a small house, and a rough childhood.He went from having nothing to becoming a famous author.   


No comments:

Post a Comment